Scientists or clinicians with an innovative idea relevant to immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) or related to the Spleen Tyrosine Kinase (SYK) inhibition as mechanism of action, are invited to apply. Applications are encouraged from both individuals and teams who are undertaking research at universities, hospitals or independent research institutions in Europe and Middle East.
- Applicants must submit an original research concept of basic or clinical research related to ITP (diagnosis, clinical course, quality of life, etc.) or related to the mechanism of action of SYK inhibition
- Projects should be related to pathology or management of the disease in general or associated to study the mechanism of SYK inhibition
- Basic research projects may include preclinical animal studies and in vitro studies
- Applicants must present a focused project with goals that can be achieved within 18 months
- Studies sponsored by industry are excluded
- Clinical Research Projects may include any studies requiring patient informed consent, including treatment of patients and/or use of patient samples (e.g. for biomarker analysis, genotyping and diagnostics) and in vitro studies
- In no case, submitted Research Projects shall include any information or data which allows, directly or indirectly, the identification of patients and/or any other individuals who are not members of the Participant's team and/or the Institution
- Participants must submit an Application Form together with:
- Basic details of professional position
- Short curriculum vitae (CV) in PDF (from the applicant or from all investigators for a team application)
By sending a Letter of Intent, applicants agree to further terms and conditions for applications, outlined below
Applicants authorize Grifols to retain and use their personal information filed for the entire application period. Grifols warrants that all personal information and project proposals will be treated confidentially and will not be disclosed to third parties. For further details please refer to terms and conditions.